[thechat] Odd Ball Sports

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Thu Nov 30 16:48:24 CST 2006

> * In 1893, the US Supreme Court stated that although "botanically
> speaking tomatoes are the fruit of the vine," they were vegetables "in
> the common language of the people."
>
> --- slow day in court or what?

tax issues, methinks

> * Ketchup originally started out as ketsiap, a 7th century
> Chinese sauce
> made with fish entrails, vinegar, and spices. It wasn't until
> 1792 that
> tomatoes were used as an ingredient.

Worcestershire, more like. (pronounced, perhaps, 'woostershirr', as I'm
under the impression 'Fotheringay' is pronounced something like 'fungy'
and 'Bruttenholm' is closer to 'broom')

or, I could be making it all up. Like Ron does.

ping ping wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeng! (ricochets are hard to
onomatopoeiaize)