[thechat] Eleanor Adelaide makes her entrance

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Tue Dec 5 12:11:49 CST 2006

Eleanor Adelaide McAuley made her debut at 8:48 pm on December 2nd.
Danica labored at home the whole way, starting in at 5am and much to
everyone's surprise, finding out she was 10cm dilated about 6:30 pm.
After a very fast drive to the birthing center, she hopped in the tub
with me, pushed like a champ and out came baby Ellie.

She was 7lbs 15oz, 20.25 inches long and had a 14 inch head
circumference. She was alert and amazingly strong right from the start.
She got put onto Danica's belly and heard our voices, raised her head up
and looked straight up at us with wide open eyes. Definitely a world
changing incident.

There was some breathing distress issues where she had problems getting
deep slow breaths, so we had to transport her to the hospital the
following day, but that has settled down. She's breathing beautifully
now, there isn't any sign of infection and we get to take her home
today. Fortunately, the hospital has WiFi, so I can snuggle down with my
new baby and still upload photos for demanding Grandparents and Evolters.

Photos here: http://flickr.com/photos/judahmcauley/sets/72157594406246932/

One or two mom boob shots, so may not be safe for wherever you work if
you work someplace with stupid rules about that stuff.

Judah