[thechat] Eleanor Adelaide makes her entrance

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Tue Dec 5 13:40:38 CST 2006

> I don't have boobs, but she seems to like me anyway. That is
encouraging.

my first (now 25!) was born in an 'alternate birthing center' (the "ABC
Room" isn't that cute) at the hospital in San Diego. Incredibly
progressive back then.

I got to hold him even before mom did (did that with the first three, in
fact) and that initial bonding has enormous impact. Each of those three
went through a phase where I had to sit on the couch next to mom while
they nursed, so they could sit on my lap 'cause they wanted daddy, but
he didn't have the goods, so they needed mommy, too.