[thechat] Sony vaio and DVDs

Stéphane Deschamps lists at nota-bene.org
Thu Dec 21 09:17:16 CST 2006

Hey all,

Here's the situation: The lady and I being exhausted by the wee nights
(evolt parents, I know you share my grudge), we decided the other day to
watch a DVD in bed rather than on the couch, on the spanking vaio I
bought last year, and on which, incredibly, I hand't read a DVD yet.

And guess what? The image behaves like a 1900 movie, one frame every
third second. (can you say "visual stuttering"?).

Anybody's had this kind of problem with a laptop reading a DVD like it's
learning how to read?

And to think of the price of this computer. Sheesh.

--
Stéphane Deschamps (professional ranting since 1970)