[thechat] Sony vaio and DVDs

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Dec 21 10:07:44 CST 2006

Stéphane Deschamps noted that his laptop didn't like his DVD:

>>The image behaves like a 1900 movie, one frame
>>every third second. (can you say "visual stuttering"?).

Hi Stéphane!

Have you tried multiple DVDs to make sure it's the laptop and not the disc?  I find with rented discs that sometimes some players hit spots where they sputter or freeze or skip 30 second blocks or otherwise act up.

Have you tried different software players or drivers?  I like InterVideo WinDVD a lot better than that Win Media Player balogna ... but I just like the controls better.  I have no idea whether one package is more likely to have interrupt conflict issues (or whatever) than another.

Oh!  And be careful what videos you are watching in bed or you may end up with more little ones and even less sleep!  ;-P~~~

Good Luck!

RonL.

(Who went out fairly recently and bought one of those little portable DVD players (8" screen).  Pretty sad that in a house with three different DVD players hooked up to three different TVs this is the only one I can watch when I want to because I can take it with me and hook up headphones! Grrrrr.)