[thechat] Its Awfuwwy Kwiet Awound Here

Stéphane Deschamps lists at nota-bene.org
Fri Jan 12 12:48:55 CST 2007

<quote who='Roger Austin' when='12/01/2007 19:22'>
> Luther, Ron wrote:
>> Gee. Not even any comments about Beckham moving to LA and finally
>> getting a chance to play in a good league.
>
>   Why in the world would someone famous from London want to move
> to LA? Oh, I almost forgot, he has 250 million reasons.
>
>   Since soccer has almost no support in the US, I am amazed at how
> much money is involved. Is this guy that good?

Who?

I've always been amazed by the phonetic resemblance between 'sucker' and
'soccer'. And of course have never bragged about the amazement with my
soccer-addicted colleagues :)

(joke aside, in Europe he's supposed to be very good, although I don't
like sports. There was even an english movie called "Play it like Beckham")

--
Stéphane Deschamps
	http://www.nota-bene.org/