[thechat] Its Awfuwwy Kwiet Awound Here

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Jan 25 11:06:44 CST 2007

John Handelaar noted:

>>a) No hands
>>b) No violence
>>c) Put the ball in that net over there.

Hi John,

Just trolling the "b) no violence" bit.  For the most part anyway
American professional sports confine their violence to the field. [1]

I don't recall any situations here where hotels or restaurants
had to hire armed guards to deter fan violence arising from a
sporting match.

I don't recall any stadiums here containing moats, attack dogs,
or guards with automatic weapons.

'Beautiful Sport' indeed!

;-P~~~~~

RonL.

[1a] Yeah. Some exceptions exist - but are pretty rare.
[1b] Not true, of course, for non-professional sports.