[thechat] Life is a Highway - wuz - RE: politics

Roger Austin raustin3 at nc.rr.com
Mon Mar 19 17:22:29 CDT 2007

Luther, Ron wrote:

>>>Anyone have thoughts on the private highways [in Europe?]

> but the main road between me and the airomoport will prolly go private
> eventually:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_State_Highway_Beltway_8

  Same in central North Carolina, everybody in the government seems
to think that tolls are the only way to build roads without raising
money (i.e., taxes). Fortunately for the rich folks, their part of
the loop has already been built so they are all for tolling the
roads to the middle class areas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_540_%28North_Carolina%29
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.