[thechat] Best way from London to Ireland?

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sun Apr 8 17:34:36 CDT 2007

On 8 Apr 2007, at 22:38, Matt Warden wrote:

> Will be in London in May for some business, and I'd like to take a
> little side trip to Ireland. I'm primarily interested in areas like
> Moher and other geological wonders:
>
> http://www.ethmorger.ch/images/Europe/Bilder/Ireland%20Cliffs%20of%
> 20Mohair.jpg
>
> Any thoughts on the best way to get to these areas from London? Take a
> short hop flight from one of the london airports to Shannon/Limerick

...or Galway...

Anyway, best way to find the best flights on budget airlines in
Europe is
http://www.skyscanner.net/
specifically
http://www.skyscanner.net/gbp/flights/lond/ie/cheapest-flights-to-
ireland-from-london.html

> then train it?

The esteemed Mr Handelaar will no doubt have chapter & verse, but
trains in Ireland aren't the best, and don't really go close to the
Burren:
http://www.12travel.com/ie/information/trainroutes.html

Buses seem to be better:
http://www.carlberry.co.uk/rfnshowr.asp?RN=CC050A

Car rental is best of all.

Worst case, you could hitch it:
http://www.amazon.com/Round-Ireland-Fridge-Tony-Hawks/dp/0312274920
which isn't the absolute improbability that you'd expect.

Cheers
Martin

 > http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/
Sell Cloth Nappies from your website: