[thechat] synonym (word or phrase)

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Wed Apr 18 15:44:53 CDT 2007

> >>Gravy Maker.
>
> Hi Neuro,
>
> Is that like 'Cheese Cutter'? ... Only Gooier?

I cut cheese all the time.

well, I opted for something so incredibly obscure that in norCal I'll be explaining it ad infinitum - which is an acceptable effort since it makes me put on my marketing hat.

my partner is Primary Evangelist, and I'm Anamchara Eolais.

I'm telling people that it essentially refers to a mentor who guides others to useful knowledge (since my job is to make technology easy to use, and make *it* serve people instead of the other way 'round.) it's a fairly loose translation, since there's precious little chance of someone in Placer County questioning my Gaelic - unlike other places I could mention . . .