[thechat] Design of a cocktail menu

Marc Seyon marc.seyon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 16:38:36 CDT 2007

Hey Madhu,

How about a third option:

Item..............................................................................................
$x.99
1-2 line (less than 20 words) description of the drink -
either the key ingredients or the method, or a combination of both

Then on the inside cover of the cocktail menu you can put the longer
spiel about 'we use only the finest ingredients', 'our bartenders are
masters of their domain', etc.

This gives your menu the personalised, not-off-the-shelf touch while
not bulking it up too much. Because I agree with you, most people
would probably not be bothered with reading the details. They prefer
to just ask the person taking the order - so you could train those
people to give the longer story when applicable.

Good luck.
-marc