[thechat] discussion question: corporate vs nonprofit sectors

Roger Austin raustin3 at nc.rr.com
Sat Sep 22 13:45:02 CDT 2007

Erika wrote:
> Who is more cut-throat, the academic/nonprofit sector or the corporate
> sector?  I mean, in particular within an organization.  And why?

  There are a lot of subgroups within the sector so it is tough to
have an opinion. I have seen non-profits that were more profit
driven than the corporate world. Academia is totally different than
non-profit from my view so I wouldn't put them in the same sector.
  There are as many answers as organizations. Also, the organizations
can change quickly when new management is installed or the mixture
of people changes. I can only speak to my little area of the world,
but it looks like everyone is a free-agent these days. Even
department to department in the same organization can be different
in culture.
  If you find a good organization, enjoy it. It could change tomorrow.
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.