[thechat] oh yeah here it is "ADVENTURE"

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Mon Sep 24 10:15:46 CDT 2007

Erika noted:

>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossal_Cave_Adventure

>>HOURS OF FUN.  HOURS.  AND HOURS.

Hi E,

Yeah.  That was fun!  Pouring over the printouts.  Making corrections to
the graph paper map.  Pretty hopeless.

I used to play it at work in the early 80's.  Somebody had loaded it
onto our Honeywell timeshare mainframe.

In fact, I may still have a copy of the early code somewhere at home!

I remember archiving it.  Yeah.  That's right.  I saved it off to a 12"
floppy [1] so I would have my own copy to play if the system copy ever
disappeared.  Always good to have a backup!   ;-)

RonL.
(Who rolls the big 5-Oh next year.)

[1] Eh?  What's that?  Wikipedia DOUBTS the factual accuracy?  How Dare
They! ... Those Bastards!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floppy_disk#12-inch_floppy_disks

I used to have two boxes of those floppies sitting at home. Guess I'll
have to go look for them.  (Hmmmm.  Better take some rare coins with me
to feed into the vending machine for batteries for my flashlight ... in
case I get stuck in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike!)