[thechat] oh yeah here it is "ADVENTURE"

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Mon Sep 24 13:44:34 CDT 2007

Joel D Canfield poked the fun:

> Pouring over the printouts.
>>coffee? juice? what were you pouring?

;-PPPPP

You young kids today, boy-oh-boy, prolly nebba heared any'o dem stories
from da olde days ... back when ones were ones and computer thingies
didn't have none-a these here sissy 'monitor' thingies!  You want color?
Fine.  We gots yer color.  Black ink on green bar paper!  How 'bout THEM
colours?

The nice part, of course, was that this gave you had a line by line
transcription of your game that you could make notes from back at your
desk, or think up new ideas to try.

[This was, naturally, back in the days when self-proclaimed
"Dungeonmasters" kept sheafs of graph paper in manilla folders in their
brief cases to track where your party of adventurers was currently
located.  It was an odd decade.]

Colossal cave wasn't too bad ... but remember that horrendously slow
space shoot-em-up with the ascii 'quadrant' graphics?  Maaan.  Play that
thing for a while and you had an armload of paper you had to get rid of
without too much scrutiny.

>>but, speaking of the other kind, I've seen 12" floppys.
>>I'm amazed anyone would 'doubt their existence'

Huzzah!!  ;-)

>>but then, I also read a review of Stevie Wonder's "Songs in the Key of

>>Life" wherein the reviewer was amazed that this guy would rip off
Justin
>>Timberlake so obviously.

O-M-G!

Dude, when does your arraignment come up?
<Well, obviously he didn't let them live! />
How can we contribute to your defense fund?

"Free The Hamstah Seven!"

RonL.