[thechat] thechat bouncing into my inbox

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Fri Oct 12 12:49:49 CDT 2007

> (Who watched several Harold Lloyd films for lunch today.

cinematic genius, he was. much more universal/modern appeal than Keaton
or Chaplin. he used some trick camera angles they're still sorting out -
took 'em 'til just recently to figure out how he did the 'hanging from
the clock' trick without endangering himself entirely.

he didn't overact (or overact by underacting) the way Keaton and Chaplin
did sometimes. all three were brilliant, and certainly great comics and
writers, but HL's my favorite of the three. glad he's been
'rediscovered' ;) at least it didn't take as long as it did for Mozart.