[thechat] solar powered air conditioner

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Sun Mar 23 10:04:33 CDT 2008

> Anyone know if one can purchase a reasonably priced yet at
> least mildly
> effective solar powered air conditioner? I have read that this
> technology is becoming realistic, but I haven't ever seen
> such a unit in 'real life'.
>
> Thanks.
>
> PS: It's getting hot over here... :)

my mind's nearly a complete blank, but on the science channel program
where three chaps drive around in a big green bus and talk to folks who
do this kind of stuff they found a guy in Phoenix or Tucson who makes
them; even made a portable unit for their van.

so, if you can find the name of the program Invention Nation, yup,
that's it, so if you track down info from Invention Nation about the
solar air conditioner they ran across, you may be able to get more info.

joel