[thechat] solar powered air conditioner

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Sun Mar 23 14:14:03 CDT 2008

> Europe or the Mediterranean, where I am presently located. :)

wait; you get to live in Europe, and you're bagging on a poor guy who
still lives in California against his will?

just wait 'til I live in Ireland and we'll see who helps whom with
whom's air conditioning issues.

hey, not sure how mechanical you are, but the basis of the unit is a
square metal box, probably three feet each way, foot or so front to
back, with a large low power fan. large cardboard baffles with cheap
water pipe trickling water down the baffles and the air passing over
them evaporates the water, losing heat, coming out the other side cooler
and properly humidified.

I mean, in between harassing helpful folks from this neck of the woods,
you might could build one. oh; just remembered, the little portable unit
used three computer case fans. low power, nearly silent. plenty of
cooling for the inside of a bus/caravan type vehicle.

joel