[thechat] London County Court

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Tue May 13 02:07:33 CDT 2008

I started here 2 months ago a thread called 'Stiffed' about a client not
wanting to pay. With the assistance and encouragement of two colleagues,
I filed against them in London with HM's Court Service and am now
scheduled for a hearing in the Edmonton County Court on Forge St in London.

Problem is that I don't yet have someone who can appear for me in person
at the hearing. I myself am too far from England to travel there just
for this.

If anyone is interesting or knows of someone (like a student) who might
be, I could envision two possibilities:

1. Simply appear in person and take a letter from me to present to the
judge and that's it. No need to understand the case, just show up so
that I won't lose for not appearing.

2. Read through their side and my side and prepare for the hearing and
be able (hopefully) to present my case verbally and answer any questions
the judge might ask.

I am only asking from the client (the defendants) 2500 USD, and if need
be, I would share with my representative a part of whatever is awarded,
in return for his assistance.

Feel free to reply to me offline about this. :)

Thanks.