[thechat] MS Word formatting insanity

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Mon Jul 7 13:34:30 CDT 2008

I'm formatting my book to print. I've added sections at the beginning to
have unique headers and footers.

When I select a single word in one section, and bold or italicize it,
Word formats all the surrounding sections, every word. But, a single
CTRL-Z undoes the mass change, but leaves the single change I intended.

I'm not aware that I've changed any settings in Word. No one else uses
my machine. Any thoughts on what would be causing this intensely
annoying behaviour?

(Warning: helpful comments about not using Word aren't necessary. I
know. It's what I've got.)

Thanks.

joel

--