[thechat] when is evolt's 10th anniversary?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Aug 7 07:58:10 CDT 2008

Erika asked:

>>Subject: [thechat] when is evolt's 10th anniversary?
Interesting question.  I'd peg the start date as a day or two after the MonkeyJunkies posted their notice declaring that they owned all submitted content!   ;-)

Whois says 18-Dec-1998.  thelist archive claims a 6-May-1998 note from Isaac Forman who took a break from playing quake to rant about then recent Aussie attempts to neuter the net.  (Some things never change, eh?)  It also appears that isaac may have quoted from an earlier email that looks to be lost in the mysts of thyme.  [There are also some null archives dated 24-June-1996, 15-Jan-1996, and 28-Mar-1994 ...]

thechat archive goes back to a 19-Feb-2001 note from Mr. Burns ... announcing the availability of thechat, so that's sorted anyway.

>>and what are we doing for the occasion?
D'oh!  P-A-R-T-Y, Girl!!  ;-P

>>btw I got a cool gig for the next few weeks anyway, doing front end dev for a cool webshop.
Excellent! (My job is uncool for the present and for the forseeable future as well.  Have my fun.  It's okay.  I won't be needing it.)

>>and whatever happened to the colored <body> shirts????
Is 'neon green tea' a color? ... Or izzit onna them Lizard drink flavahs?
http://www.cafepress.com/evoltgear.17343904

Pikachu?  Gesundheit!  Or at least Gevurtztraminer!
RonL.

(Who supposes that the Rocky Horror fans amidst us could always throw a toast ............... DUCK!!)