[thechat] when is evolt's 10th anniversary?

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Thu Aug 7 09:30:22 CDT 2008

1. t-shirts I do not trust that green one to look ok on me. Keep in mind
I am a 40 year old woman, not an 18 year old bleach blonde with a tan
and french manicure.  I'm just saying.  There may be too much yellow in
that one for me.

I used to have a sage one someone kiped and my black one is buried
somewhere.  I want to replace one or both.

2. I really think it would be cool to do something for the 10 year,
which sounds like it is indeed in December.  I'm not on any of the
relevant lists or groups (whatever they may be) but I'd be into being
involved w/ this.  I look fondly back on that time; monkeyjunkies was my
first web design list, I learned a lot there, made friendships that
ultimately started w/ origin of evolt and continue to this day and SOME
I've even met in person!

3. I kinda like the idea of having a bunch of simultaneous
mini-evolticons in major evolt hubs... something like that... maybe even
a big one... take lots of photos, post them to the internets.  But I'm
open to ideas.

Also would be cool if someone did write a more involved history of the
org.  (Which I'd be up for helping with, or putting together out of
collective memory.)  I'm sort of trying to do the same thing for another
org I've been involved with for several years, POWW
(http://www.poww.net) which was a group that original
monkeyjunkie/evolter Amanda Erickson turned me on to...

btw I just heard from AE yesterday for the first time in forever... she
got her masters in I think Architectural Design and is working in that
field, not doing web stuff for the past few years.

Anyhoo... LET'S DO SOMETHING.

love,

Erika