[thechat] Home recording?

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 16:44:10 CDT 2008

On 5 Aug 2008, at 14:38, Luther, Ron wrote:

> (b) I had even fewer 'leftover' parts disassembling and reassembling
> this laptop than *anyone* would have anticipated so I'm feeling a
> bit cocky and wondering how little additional hardware I need to buy
> to plug a guitar and/or a mic into this thing?

Have a look at:

Or if you actually have a PodXT, with USB out (yes, you really, really
want one. They are magnificently ace), this might work for you:
http://www.tanzband-scream.at/line6/

But I really, really, really need to tell you that Mac+GarageBand+iMic
just bloody works. Not as well as s/iMic/PodXT/ but it works.

Oh, and knocked together in about an hour, including working out how
to play it:
http://colonsay.easyweb.co.uk/~martin/temp/ilrr_intro.m4a

Cheers
Martin