[thechat] Home recording?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Aug 12 13:24:42 CDT 2008

Joel D Canfield buttered his biscuits and noted:

> http://www.breedloveguitars.com/gallery/mk1_custom_multnomah_q.php

>>sweet merciful heavens [!!!!]

Hi Joel,

Hey, if you can live without the fancy inlay you can save a few bucks here:
http://www.imagineguitars.com/guitars/breedlove/BreedloveMarkI_RedwoodWalnut.htm
But would that be 'living'?  I mean really ... That would be a non-JPS mini, wouldn't it?

Cheers,
RonL.

Who had _extremely_ limited "success" with the laptop recording unit last night:

+ It *does* have the Hydrogen drum synth loaded on it.
        - But I couldn't get it to do a bloody thing!  ;-(

+ I got the cheapie voice note recorder thingie to recognize the laptop's internal mic and record to Alley Oop files!  (Ogg? Grog? Grok?  Onna them.)

- Could not get Audacity to do much of anything.  I suspect there were two issues.  I didnae have the bright purple 1/4" stereo to 1/4" stereo cable I picked up at lunch today!  Surely bright purple can fix anything!  Or duzzat work only in Minnesota?  Anyway, it smells like Audacity may be muy dependant on 'Jack' to work.  Now this 'Jack' thingamuhginny appears to be a smorgasbord of numerous related small hamstahs, one of which is a server that seems to require connectivity or at least tube access in order to initialize.  Sadly this laptop will probably _never_ be connected to the hamstah tubies ... So, alas AND alack, I may be fighting a losing battle.  ;-(

Maybe I should check stinkBay for old reel2reels instead.