[thechat] Home recording?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Aug 19 06:52:02 CDT 2008

William Anderson noted:

>>Jokosher.  http://www.jokosher.org/  You should be able to
>>install it from Add/Remove Applications, or apt-get install
>>jokosher from ye olde command line.

Thanks neuro!

Audacity is kinda-sorta working for me.  I've gotten it to play and record _once_ in three boots so far.  I believe it's a load sequence issue involving ALSA and Jack.  I've checked the forums and gotten a few hints for resolution.  Apparently it's not that rare an issue.  We'll see how well that goes.

Okay, I've downloaded the tarball, (jokosher-0.9.tar.tar).  Just throw it on the drive and try
"tar -xvf jokosher-0.9.tar.tar"???  [Why yes, I *am* that much of a n00b!  Thanks for asking.]

Cheers,
RonL.