[thechat] selecting all the music in a directory with my iPod

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Mon Sep 8 11:35:50 CDT 2008

I'm still trying to learn not to hate my iPod. Well, iTunes, actually.

Two questions:
1. Is there a way to select all the songs in a particular
directory/folder on my computer? The only connection between the songs
is that I put stuff in folders that make sense to me, but iTunes doesn't
seem to have a 'synchronize all the contents of this folder' feature
2. So, working around that, I search for 'avett' to get all the new
Avett Brothers stuff. Then, so I don't have to wait five minutes while
that synchronizes, I search for 'byrne' and grab David Byrne and Brian
Eno's new song. Except, even holding the CTRL key while I select the
DBBE song, it ignores the fact that I already had five songs selected.
Is the only option to select a song, wait while it syncs, select
another, wait while it syncs, switch to using my iRiver, use Windows
Explorer to sync, sell the iPod cheap?

I truly love the way Apple stuff looks. To this day, I still can't get
excited about a single piece of software they've created. Which makes me
a little frightened of buying a Mac just to get Garage Band and iMovie,
which I think I really want. Maybe.

--
Joel D Canfield
Book at BizBa6.com