[thechat] selecting all the music in a directory with my iPod

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Sep 9 02:44:23 CDT 2008

On 8 Sep 2008, at 20:06, Joel D Canfield wrote:

>> They are essentially a select by any metadata field (or combination
>> thereof).
>
> does the metadata include location (directory) ? I can't find where it
> does.

No, because iTunes manages the media filesystem for you.

However, you can use manual playlists in a very similar way. So you
can organise manual playlists of how it makes sense to you, then have
smart playlists with criteria including:
* is in Playlist frunkydunky
and not worry about how they're physically stored on the drive.

Cheers
Martin