[thechat] Hiding from Elections Now

Roger Austin raustin3 at nc.rr.com
Sun Oct 26 11:35:31 CDT 2008

  There isn't much more time in the elections in the US so many of
us are hunkered down with the lights out hoping we can stay away
from the activists and TV adverts. We don't answer the phone since
it is usually a politico. They leave messages on the machine. The
mailbox is full of political stuff. My sweetheart and I vote in
every election so the politicos go after us hard.

  One observation though, my state (North Carolina) is one of the
swing states and the TV ads are getting nasty. This is especially
true of the Republican group ads against Obama and our senatorial
race. Our senatorial election is between two women and it is
getting really personal. Is it this bad in other states? How do
you outside the US view this? Are your political ads as vile?

  I can't wait until this election is over. It has brought out the
worst in us.
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.