[thechat] Hiding from Elections Now

erik mattheis zero at gozz.com
Mon Oct 27 13:22:06 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 12:56 PM, Matt Warden <mwarden at gmail.com> wrote:

> The link you cited is a case of fraud and there was a lawsuit ...
> The claim that lending documentation fraud is the cause for the
> mortgage mess implies that it is a huge systemic problem. Something
> about blaming lending documentation fraud for everything we are seeing
> in the housing markets and the ripple effects in the economy just
> doesn't pass my "does that make any damn sense" filter

Right, you asked for an examples of a predatory lending case were documents
were falsified.

Now your binomial this or that filter seems to be making you believe I'm
claiming if it weren't for predatory lending we wouldn't have the glut of
bad mortgages. Which isn't something I've expressed or implied. I mentioned
predatory lending as part of a response to your misunderstanding that the
CRA forced lenders to issue bad loans. There have been many contributing
factors to the mortgage/housing situation.

> If there was
> rampant fraud and everyone has been talking about it for a decade,
> then the question becomes: why wasn't anyone going to jail?

What makes you claim there aren't people in prison for predatory lending?

Don't want to keep this back and forth up for now, have work to concentrate
on, will catch up tonight.