[thechat] Knife-man found in BusinessWeek

Roger Austin raustin3 at nc.rr.com
Fri Nov 7 08:58:13 CST 2008

Madhu Menon wrote:
> Yours truly is in this week's BusinessWeek in a story on Bangalore. Just
> wanted to pass it on to prove I'm not always frowning with knives in my
> hand. ;)
>
> http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_46/b4108053865815.htm

  When I read the article, it reminded me of exactly the same
argument that people here in the Research Triangle area of North
Carolina have made in the past. The influx of yankees had destroyed
the quality of life, driven up housing prices, and changed the
tone of civil conversation. Of course, the loudest of the mob were
people who had moved in only slightly earlier from "up North".

  We still aren't too keen on the yankees; they talk funny. They
use a similar language so you can make out what they are saying
most of the time. I have no idea how close Kannada is to Hindi.
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.