[thechat] A LIST apart

Madhu Menon chef at shiokfood.com
Wed Nov 12 08:29:33 CST 2008

Martin Burns wrote:
> On 12 Nov 2008, at 02:08, David Kaufman wrote:
>
>> Ha.  My clients would laugh me out of the conference room.  Real
>> sites have
>> to be usable by real people, many of whom (out here south of Upper
>> Designersburg) don't all have new graphics cards and wide flat
>> screens :-)
>
> Yeah, but ALA's audience (and ours) are much more likely to have
> new(er) graphics cards and wide flat screens

I remember the "please design for 800x600" days... :)

Heck, even regular traffic to just my restaurant web site shows the
following stats for screen res and visits:

1. 1024x768  4,932  30.52%
2. 1280x800  4,234  26.20%
3. 1280x1024  1,975  12.22%
4. 1440x900  1,403  8.68%
5. 1680x1050  942  5.83%
6. 800x600  526  3.26%
7. 1152x864  386  2.39%
8. 1280x768  347  2.15%
9. 1920x1200  319  1.97%
10. 1400x1050  195  1.21%

Times are changing, I guess. I'll design my new cocktail lounge's site
for 1024x768.

Madhu Menon
Shiok Far-eastern Cuisine
Moss Cocktail Lounge
96, Amar Jyoti Layout, Inner Ring Road, Bangalore
@ http://shiokfood.com  | http://mosslounge.com