[thechat] A LIST apart

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Wed Nov 12 09:29:18 CST 2008

Madhu Menon wrote:
> I remember the "please design for 800x600" days... :)

well, young man, I remember the "always design for 640x480"
days... we had to walk 6 miles just to get an animated rainbow divider
bar... actually, come to think of it, those were pretty easy to come by...

ooh & javascript bg effects...

> Heck, even regular traffic to just my restaurant web site shows the
> following stats for screen res and visits:
>
> 1. 1024x768  4,932  30.52%
> 2. 1280x800  4,234  26.20%
> 3. 1280x1024  1,975  12.22%
> 4. 1440x900  1,403  8.68%
> 5. 1680x1050  942  5.83%
> 6. 800x600  526  3.26%
> 7. 1152x864  386  2.39%
> 8. 1280x768  347  2.15%
> 9. 1920x1200  319  1.97%
> 10. 1400x1050  195  1.21%

pure insanity.  my laptop maxes at 1024x768. I use firefox zoomy zoom to
try to fake a larger resolution.  (I'm finding I use it more as a web
dev tool than anything).

and then there's yer mobile devices...

Erika