[thechat] Holiday Wishes

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Mon Dec 22 16:16:45 CST 2008

Stéphane Deschamps wrote:
> <quote who='Erika' when='22/12/2008 19:48'>
>> Madhu Menon wrote:

>>> Don't you insult my mother!
>>>

>> Internationalisation is gonna be AWESOME.
>> Can you imagine us really trying it back in 2001?
>>
>> *shudders*
>
> Ha ha yeah, I've got (not so) fond memories of typing all my "é"'s as
> "&eacute;"'s and so on.
>
> And of course I'd do it all by hand. Phew. We even avoided some
> complicated characters for fear of bad rendition!

Oh yes... went back and edited that German javascript article, every ü,
ä, ö and ß had to be replaced... so glad here weren't more of those...
but that's not what I was thinking about; I was thinking about the
international climate, and the evolt.org climate, of 2001 and 2002.

It was great to think about back then, but I don't think it was the
right time, at that time.  Now I think it is the right time.

Erika