[thechat] how do you buy a PC?

Joel D Canfield Joel at CommonsenseEntrepreneur.com
Fri Jan 9 14:47:56 CST 2009

> In concept, I thought Dell might be like Apple... that there would be
> some kind of place where I could take the sick machine, that they
would
> know and deeply understand the machine's unique issues.  Someone I
could
> thank, question, or yell at.  Nope.  Maybe it was so at one time, but
> found out that all Dell stores closed down... Dell told me go to
> Staples.. they were useless.

ah; important difference with Dell: they have home machines, and
business machines. never ever buy anything but their business machines.
last I knew, they still provided good service, themselves, on the
business machines. home machines they don't wanna muck with so they farm
'em out.

<j>