[thechat] Hello? Anyone Out There?

mwarden at gmail.com mwarden at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 12:50:03 CST 2009

I guess I'm here, at least physically. actually i'm not sure that
makes sense on a email list.

Watching a second round of layoffs. I'm glad I'm young and naïve
enough not to be worried about whether I will lose my job. I feel like
I should be more nervous than I am... everyone else seems to be. I
can't decide if things really are that bad, or if people just need to
watch less of the 24-hr news channels.

Like right now I'm sitting in SKybox at O'Hare and blasting on Fox
News is some talking head telling me how to keep my family safe from
peanuts and crackers. Am I supposed to be afraid of bin Laden or
Famous Amos?

I also was always a text editor man. I did once use IntelliJ Idea when
I was writing Java at a company with too much venture capital money,
and I must admit I fell in love with it and developed much faster.

But now I'm working with Informatica and webMethods and this stuff is
so abstracted and graphical that I'm having serious semi-colon
withdrawal symtpoms.

Anyway... what was the question, again?

--
Matt Warden