[thechat] Hello? Anyone Out There?

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Sat Jan 24 16:51:27 CST 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Joel D Canfield
<Joel at commonsenseentrepreneur.com> wrote:
> 'round here, the economy has tanked, big wide and hard. except, our biz quadrupled last year, we're on a pace to quadruple this year, and plan on doing it again once more before we move to Ireland. amazing what a coherent marketing and customer service plan can do, 'specially when you actually provide a service people want. if you know anyone who was thinkin' about becoming a virtual assistant, now's the time . . .

I've been fortunate to have moved into the healthcare field. I'm
writing software to reduce people's costs and reduce their
frustration. That is selling like hotcakes, faster than I can write in
fact. Which is why I'm sitting here at the pub working on html
walk-throughs of the next product I'm going to be spending long days
finishing.

Portland, right now, is very much in the midst of ups and downs. We've
got some rather hard times, like Intel laying off 1,000 people, and we
we have some really bright spots, like the new Dutch wind power
company building their US headquarters and hiring a lot of people. It
is highly unsettled but not bad if you are in the right place. No real
sense of permanence right now though.

Beyond that, I'm trying to do too much with too little, keep a bit of
balance to my life and hopefully go drinking with Erika soon and make
her teach me guitar so I will buckle down and practice more.

Out of curiosity Joel, what is a "virtual assistant"?