[thechat] food question: chicken

Roger Austin raustin3 at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 26 10:08:57 CST 2009

---- Erika Meyer <ekm at seastorm.com> wrote:
> hey I accidentally left half a rotisserie chicken out on the stove @
> room temp all night last night (from about 7 PM to about 7AM).
>
> What do I do?
>
> 1. throw it out. :(
> 2. make it into soup
> 3. ?
>
> I don't think you are supposed to leave chicken out for 12 hour
> stretches but how bad is it, really?

 It depends on how hungry you are. I have left out stuff overnight
that I thought my SO was going to put up. I would eat most things
other than fish or undercooked poultry.
 Probably not worth the trouble to save it, especially with kids in the
house. I hope you ate most of it last night.  Chalk one up to bacteria
and hope their friends leave you alone.
 The whole sanitary thing is overrated until you get the heaves.