[thechat] No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Apr 7 08:11:22 CDT 2009

Fellow Texan Dwayne Conyers noted:

>>My document was declared to be a criticism of the system and I was
>>handed my walking papers by the PM.  The good news... there are a
>>number of people waiting to snap me up to work their project teams.

Hi Dwayne,

Sorry to hear the news.  I sympathize. (And worry! Because I am often considered one of the geeks who, as Matt pointed out, have this pathological need to be 'right'.  The ones most eager to point out that the emperor has no clothes.)

I'm glad to hear that it sounds like you have some good prospects ahead!

Cheers,
RonL.

(I think my lip may be bleeding.  I've been biting it.  Last week I was asked for my "input" on ideas to correct a system performance issue.  A performance issue caused by a design flaw I've been pointing at for 2.5 years!)