[thechat] Frustration

Roger Austin raustin3 at nc.rr.com
Thu Apr 9 11:00:34 CDT 2009

---- Joel D Canfield <Joel at BizBa6.com> wrote:
> whatever the details, it's really unpleasant to have to deal with
> nonsense at work when you'd really rather be making cool things happen
> with fun people who care. something near 90% of the folks in the US are
> unhappy with their work. and that makes *me* unhappy on their behalf.

 Wow! 90% of us? Where did you get that stat? Maybe they were asked
if there were things at work that made them unhappy. Sort of like the
bad cafeteria food I am about to swallow.

 Anyway, I figure the other 10% are faking it or surfing adult web
sites all day. I'm not unhappy with my work so much as unhappy that I
have to work. A good bit of this stuff is fun and some of the rest is
sort of interesting at times. I could do without the corporate nonsense,
but they are the folks with the funding.

 Enjoy, Roger