[thechat] LCD Screens

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 09:56:26 CDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 8:04 AM, Fred Jones <fredthejonester at gmail.com> wrote:
> I happened to be today at the optometrist and I asked him if he agrees
> with what I have heard that LCDs are easier on the eyes than CRTs. He
> said he is not aware of that and, on the contrary, said there is an
> issue with LCDs. He pointed out, and showed me, that the image appears
> to sunken in beneath the surface of the physical screen. The eye can
> catch a reflection off the screen and tend to focus on that, thus
> creating either more work or less focus with regard to the text you
> are trying to read.

I'd probably be more worried by the fact that LCDs are getting so big
that most people (or at least me), can't view it all in one look,
which is something eye doctors recommend, right? The whole "position
your couch far enough away so you can see your whole TV without having
to move your eyes" deal.

--
-Jack Timmons
http://www.trotlc.com