[thechat] Test replacement

Chrome admin at chrome.me.uk
Thu May 7 04:20:02 CDT 2009

Hey all

In the course of writing a script that installs a subdomain I've found the
need to be able to uninstall... Basically the script needs to be able to
remove a standard httpd directive from the conf file... Unfortunately my
*nix skills are still pretty awful (getting there, though)

Question is how would I remove the following block from a file?

# --test_subdomain
<VirtualHost *>
   # directives
   # more directives
</VirtualHost>
# ++test_subdomain

The block could be anywhere in the conf file... I've tried, (and will
continue trying) sed but I'm not having too much (read: any) luck :S

Many thanks in advance

Dan