[thechat] Twitter Nonsense

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Wed Aug 26 11:09:31 CDT 2009

Fred Jones noted:

>>So far this twitter thing is pretty weird if u ask me.

OMG!  You should *TOTALLY* tweet that!

Heh.  Sorry.  Couldn't resist.

It _can_ be fun.  It was interesting to see that Fran Drescher has a serious side and spends an enormous amount of her time working cancer benefit events.  Sometimes you can also get a little bit of a feel for some celeb's personality and sense of humor (or lack thereof).

At it's best you get to (lightly) connect with people you wouldn't otherwise get to know.  I really enjoyed some very brief chatter with the guy who draws the 'Dog Eat Doug' cartoon --- which is terrifically twisted btw.  And to get tuned into things you wouldn't otherwise have heard about ... I've found a bunch of folks working on underground comics that I am enjoying I wouldn't have heard about otherwise.

Most importantly ... YMMV!

RonL.