[thechat] Congratulations Genghis! Irish Web Awards Winner

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sun Oct 11 16:18:08 CDT 2009

So, our own (our very own) Mr John Handelaar has got himself an award
in the 2009 Irish Web Awards:
http://awards.ie/webawards/2009/10/2009-realex-payments-web-awards-winners/

Best New Web Application/Service for
http://www.kildarestreet.com/
which makes the Irish parliamentary bodies' work available, searchable
and generally much more open.

Thoroughly deserved - as an example, within a few days of it opening,
my sister (a home birth campaigner in Ireland) was finding all kinds
of useful things that public representatives had been saying on the
public record. And even more of an achievement considering the source
data is regularly a total PoS.

Woo! Yay! (etc)

Cheers
Martin