[thechat] Ire in Land?

John Handelaar john at handelaar.org
Thu Nov 19 15:21:25 CST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 20:47, Simon MacDonald <simonmacdonald at uk2.net> wrote:
> Much like Diego Maradona's "Hand of God" goal against England during the
> 1986 World Cup. ...
>
> But I'm Scots so I've nothing to talk about  :(

And our resident Irish resident is currently stuck in London en route
to a conference having missed one plane already.

Word from home is that

a)  Yes, there's already a 'fuck Thierry Henry' group on Facebook with
about half a million people in it and
b)  heard on the radio in England today that the FAI has already filed
a demand with FIFA that they replay the match since the referee
basically handed a place at the World Cup to the side that played a
foul on purpose which led directly to the goal which won the tie.

(Good luck with *that*, lads.)

jh