[thechat] E-Verify ... curiosity

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Feb 11 15:28:37 CST 2010

Martin Burns noted:

>>Yeah, the UK's much touted Identity Card (and BigScaryDatabase(tm) behind it) which is
>>starting to be available to mugs who want it is proving to be not accepted by anyone.
>>Including the travel operators who now demand govt issued photo ID even for internal flights.

Yeah, I've been following the articles on the National ID cards at Vulture Central for quite some time now. And the Ozzie blacklist craziness as well.  And the BoFH, naturally.  Come to think of it - I get most of my news from El Reg.  And most of that is repeated in /. as well.

Sympathetically,
RonL.