[thechat] Guitars

Erika Meyer ekm at seastorm.com
Mon Feb 22 12:46:40 CST 2010

Ibanez makes some good cheap guitars.  My first electric guitar was a
$200 dual humbucker Ibanez Roadstar II in 1982 and I was able to sell
it to a second hand store 20 years later for the same price.  I sold
it back for 2 reasons: 1 was that I kept bumping the volume knob, and
the other was that it was too heavy for me. But it sounded great.

What I think about guitars is you got to try them out and see if you
like them.  If you are buying an electric, plug it into an amp that is
similar to your amp at home.  For any guitar, make sure the neck and
body feel comfortable (especially the fretboard/neck) and you like the
way it sounds.

I don't know how people can buy guitars mail-order.

Erika