[thechat] Geeky Beers

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Fri May 7 14:11:51 CDT 2010

Hi Gang,

Finally got around to trying one of those 'geeky' beers last night:

http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/the-brews/year-round-brews/midas-touch.htm

It was very different ... I liked it.

I was hoping to try the "Chateau Jiahu" ... which is a recreation based on a microchemical analysis of residue found in 9,000 year old Chinese pottery, but I'll have to try one of the larger distributors in order to track it down.

I also want to find the Theobroma ... a recreation of a 3,200 year old chocolate beer from Honduras.

But the Turkish blend was very good.

Recreating ancient beers? ... Now *that's* science done right!!

Cheers,
RonL.