[thechat] Dont tax

Mohan Arun L marun2 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 08:14:24 CDT 2010

I have always been holding that Gov't must source the money that it doles
out so freely and readily based on the populist decisions of petty politicians,
from the profits of doing free enterprise on its own, just like how
all the other
people source their money by working for others or by doing business,
and not by taxing people who dont want to give.

Govt is just another entity and it has to earn for itself if it wants to spend.

"We have the right, as individuals, to give away as much of our own
money as we please in charity;
but as members of Congress we have no right so to appropriate a dollar
of the public money."

From
http://www.juntosociety.com/patriotism/inytg.html

Basically when Gov't spends money on popular welfare programs
we say "the money is not yours to give as you please." And if I dont like
the way the Govt spends money, I should be at liberty to refuse to
pay taxes.

Views?

Mohan