[thechat] Online Backup

Simon MacDonald simonmacdonald at uk2.net
Wed Dec 1 09:52:28 CST 2010

Mohan,

There is a very good reason for online/backup - off site disaster storage.

I have about 5Tb of NAS on my home/office network - not all of which is full
and I'm gradually uploading, work, media, images etc  to S3. Once the bulk
of the upload is there, a daily sync is relatively trivial. My Synology
Diskstation will take care of that.

I'm considering just sending S3 a disk drive with the bulk of my data so
they can copy it into my buckets - they offer this service.

regards

Simon