[thechat] How is mid-May for visiting USA?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Wed Dec 1 10:51:56 CST 2010

Madhu Menon noted:

>>Gotta try the Texas barbecue I've heard so much about. I plan to bring
>>my knives, so I am on a "pay for your stay by cooking" kind of holiday
>>with some friends. ;)

Hi Madhu,

We'd love to have you stop in and stay a spell!  The grill is always ready and the margaritas are close at hand!  ;-)

As Matt pointed out, the US is quite a big place.  Heck - even the parts that aren't Texas are pretty good size!  But I think I'd have to recommend the Grand Canyon as a "must see" for any 1st time visitor.  You can see great deserts, forests, ocean views, museums, zoos, beaches, and night clubs anywhere in the world.  (Okay - maybe not everywhere - the ocean view from Liechtenstein isn't so great - but many places.)  The gobsmacking scale of the Grand Canyon truly makes it unique.  If you get up early and drive quickly you can make it a 'day trip' out of Vegas.

While you're out in the Bay area a visit to Napa is an absolute must for any 'foodie'.  I'd also recommend checking out Muir Woods to see the giant trees up close.  And, if you're a Hitchcock fan, why not take a nice drive up PCH 1 and have a friend take your picture next to the Bodega Bay sign.

Cheers,
RonL.

Dang!  I need to make a trip over to Austin, say hi to Matt, pick up some wine, do some hiking.  Hmmm ... maybe after the holidays.