[thechat] Online Backup

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Wed Dec 1 12:49:07 CST 2010

On 12/1/10 10:17 AM, Mohan Arun L wrote:

> ioSafe makes fire-proof, water-proof, drop-proof, theft-proof external
> drives.

"theft-proof"? I'd buy "theft-resistant" maybe, but regardless...

certainly any portable device can't be said to be "theft-proof". :-)

> Further, to use an online backup, you need an internet connection- you need
> to find a place that offers free or paid wifi -

I need an internet connection to do my work, so I carry my own -- a
Verizon MiFi card, which works almost anywhere in the US; there are
other providers, of course, as well as just tethering to your phone.

> but with a phcket USB drive, all your files are with you always.

Until it's lost/stolen/damaged -- and which, per Murphy's Law, will
happen at the worst possible time :-)

YMMV,
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com
webtuitive design ===  (+1) 408-621-3445   === http://webtuitive.com